The Mason City Library Foundation, Inc., is an independent fundraising arm of the Mason City Public Library. The Foundation seeks private support for selected capital improvements, services, and programs that provide greater access to learning for the people of Mason City and North Iowa.
The Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization led by an independent Board of Directors, exists solely to enhance and expand services provided by the Library. Financial support from the City of Mason City, the State of Iowa, and other sources is not diminished by gifts generated by the Foundation.
All donations to the Foundation are tax-deductible and help fill the gap between municipal tax dollars and the actual costs of providing first-class public library services in Mason City. Foundation support previews, incubates, and fosters new ideas that evolve into action for meeting these challenges:
- Increases in school-age populations and multicultural communities
- Innovations in technology requiring frequent updates
- Ongoing staff professional development
- Rising costs of maintaining and replenishing collections
- Costs that outpace funding resources
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” –Theodore Roosevelt